Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Giving Without God

From Atheist Bill Gates to give more during economic crisis by Trina Hoaks:

Many statistics and people say that atheists aren’t charitable people. However, they seem to miss that the nation’s largest charitable foundation, the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, was founded by an atheist – Bill Gates.
Is Bill Gates really an atheist?

From Is Bill Gates really an athiest really an Athiest? I find that hard to believe.? by Jesus is the best:
It is hard to believe, because I viewed him from a distant unresearched point of view. I do have a tendacy to see people through rose colored glasses. I know many intelligent people have a tendacy to be criminal minded. It doesn't take much to be ruthless and rise above others. It is just that he appeared gentle, when a lot of athiests have a really nasty spirit.
Nasty spirit? “Judge not lest ye be judged."

Jesus may be the best for some people, but Jesus does not seem to have given any assistance to “Jesus is the best” who really did really did ask the question “Is Bill Gates really an athiest really an Athiest?” Jesus seems to have not helped with the spelling of the word atheist as well. I also have a tendency to believe that tendacy is not really a word. I’ve also learned that sometimes I can be incredibly petty.

From Meet A Few Rich Atheists!
Microsoft Cofounder and CEO, was interviewed November 1995 on PBS by David Frost. Below is the transcript with minor edits...
Frost: Do you believe in the Sermon on the Mount?

Gates: I don't. I'm not somebody who goes to church on a regular basis. The specific elements of Christianity are not something I'm a huge believer in. There's a lot of merit in the moral aspects of religion. I think it can have a very, very positive impact.

Frost: I sometimes say to people, do you believe there is a god, or do you know there is a god? And, you'd say you don't know?

Gates: In terms of doing things I take a fairly scientific approach to why things happen and how they happen. I don't know if there's a god or not, but I think religious principles are quite valid.
At the bottom of the page we learn that “Judgment Day is Coming!” and “It is tragic and sad when men deny their Divine Creator, the very One Who keeps them breathing.” This little bit of religious wacky weirdness does not change the fact that Bill Gates was interviewed by David Frost and the quotes above are accurate.

If there really is a God, I wonder who he would look more favorably upon, Bill Gates (who is doing so much to fight AIDS) or people who have nothing better to do than judge people who question God’s existence?

0 comments - Post a comment :

Post a Comment