Monday, November 16, 2009

Bizarro World

David Brooks on Sarah Palin: “She's a joke. I just can't take her seriously.”

Mark Shields on Barack Barack Obama: “And I think it makes me nostalgic for those days when we had a manly man in the White House who could say, “Let’s kick some tail and ask questions afterwards” you know? That’s what we really need instead of any reflection.”

Of course if you watch the video of Shields it is obvious that he is being sarcastic. No one at ThinkProgress (and other sites as well) seems to have picked up on that, however. By jove, DougJ has got it after all.

The world, for one short moment, is not so bizarre after all.

I’m still going to retreat to my fortress of solitude, however.

UPDATE: ThinkProgress has seen the light and updated their original post. It’s a little disappointing that Mark Shields had to tell them that he was being sarcastic, though. Come on ThinkProgress, I expect better from you.

0 comments - Post a comment :

Post a Comment