Friday, October 3, 2008

I Missed Monday's Depression

“I woke up this morning
I woke up this morning
I woke up this morning with the Monday morning blues” Mississippi John Hurt

Did you happen to see it? The bailout didn’t happen over the weekend. There should have been a depression on Monday.

From McCain calls for debates to be delayed by Domenico Montanaro:

McCain advisors say they will do all the debates but the schedule is up in the air.
They also deny that there is a political calculation in this and say without action the country could slide into a Depression by Monday and added "we'll see 12 percent unemployment" if action is not completed.
As I write this no bailout plan has been passed. Yet, somehow the McCain campaign is no longer suspended. Have I missed the recovery also? Things happen so fast these days.

From David Brooks Has A Fetish by Turkana:
Anyone notice a theme, here? Of course, as Brooks already made clear, whatever reforms that would be later undertaken must necessarily not include too much regulation, so it's not clear what he means. Except that the bailout bill needed to be passed. But what's worse is that even after it failed, even after the market had already reacted, Brooks still wants the same bill! Now! Because whatever else happens, we must panic! Pass the "Patriot" Act without reading it. Invade Iraq for no reason. Allow spying on anyone and everyone. The key is to panic! And submit! And not think! And have that strong and powerful Big Brother making all the decisions. To make everyone feel calm, again. If not sedated...
I missed Monday's depression, yet for some reason I still feel blue and down. Too many lunatics running the asylum, I suppose.

0 comments - Post a comment :

Post a Comment