Saturday, December 27, 2008

Lumping Together

Personal Religulosity, Part One

Update:
Meanwhile, over at the Multiplexcomic forum many words have been written about Personal Religulosity.

4 comments - Post a comment :

Anonymous said...

Do you agree or disagree with something in the strip?

Anonymous said...

Gordon:

I'm not sure that I would use the words "agree" or "disagree." What I like in the strip is the theme of people as individuals.The world is not simply black and white, and us and them. It is a very colorful place. We are worse off when we allow our political and religious "leaders" to adjust the blinders around our eyes so that all we see is hate. This strip is helping us to open our eyes and cast off the blinders so that we see the colors.

Anonymous said...

Gordon:

I want to add that my comments about your strip refer to part one.

For some reason I hadn't read the second and third parts until just now. (I think I hadn't noticed the date, and I didn't realize that they had been posted already.) Even though the characters are smiling and laughing in the very last panel, the second and third parts strike me as kind of sad, with faith seeming to be the only thing that is dividing these two people. At least they are talking about it. Many people are unable to do that without name calling and fighting and all hell breaking loose.

I am impressed by the depth that your characters have.

Anonymous said...

Oh, thank you! That's very kind of you.

You pretty much nailed what I was going for with these two characters (in that storyline), which is always rewarding to hear.

I had been a little apprehensive in my first comment, because I've had a couple of people miss the point entirely.

Post a Comment