Thursday, January 10, 2008

Thoughts On The Hollywood Writers Strike

As I write this the television writers are still on strike. Their demands do not seem unresonable to me. Especially when you consider the following:

  • Disney (parent of ABC) CEO Bob Iger - $24.9 million pay package for fiscal year ended September 2006.
  • GE (parent of NBC) CEO Jeffrey R Immelt - 19.23 million pay package for 2006.
  • CBS CEO Leslie Moonves - 20.04 million pay package for 2006.
However, when you look at the quality of the writing on television, I think that 90% if the writers should be fired. Also, 100% of them should probably seek psychiatric help. What kind of twisted mind comes up with some of the crimes and criminals that populate the shows that are watched by millions of people? Now, the previous sentence shows that I must watch these shows. Maybe I should be first in line at the psychiatrist.

0 comments - Post a comment :

Post a Comment