Sunday, January 6, 2008

Thoughts On Last Nights Debate

I watched some of the Democratic party debate last night on television. I don’t believe I could ever make it through the whole thing. I agree with Barack Obama that words can make a difference. His reputation for being articulate seems undeserved to me. He is a good public speaker, but not so good in debates and interviews. Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton elicited negative responses from me during this debate. Too much pettiness and attacking each other. I am very weary of this sort of thing. Please talk about the issues. Hillary Clinton seemed to demonstrate that she deserves some of the more unflattering characterizations of her. She did seem cold and even angry. I could understand being angry about the issues, but she seemed mostly angry at Barack Obama. John Edwards, on the other hand, seemed passionate about the issues of big corporations and big money on politics. Hillary Clinton seemed to get an awful lot of airtime, while Bill Richardson seemed to get next to none.

0 comments - Post a comment :

Post a Comment