Thursday, January 10, 2008

A Blast, Of Descriptive Wonderfulness, From The Past

I have been reading some of the old magazines that have been laying around the house for years. My goal is to eventually get rid of them and try to have a house more like this. Today I was looking at an old Forbes magazine from May 13, 2002. I enjoyed this paragraph on Alan Greenspan from the Yes, But column by James Grant and I want to share it with you:

Alan Greenspan--whose refusal to starve the boom was instrumental in turning a bull market into a stampede--seems to communicate to the public in disappearing ink. Because he speaks in forgettable phrases, what he says is usually forgotten. He himself seems not to recall the details.
The column itself is about Eliot Spitzer. The paragraph on Mr. Greenspan just sort of jumped out at me. You can read the entire column, if you want, at this location here.

0 comments - Post a comment :

Post a Comment