Saturday, January 26, 2008

Musicians Of Note - Jimmy Thackery & Tab Benoit

It’s time to kick back and enjoy some great music. I wish the sound and video were of better quality, but I’m not complaining. I’m just glad this video exists and that I can share it with you. Here are Jimmy Thackery and Tab Benoit performing These Arms Of Mine at Bluescruise 2006:

Thanks to marothhel and Youtube.com for making this video available.

These Arms Of Mine was written by the late, great Otis Redding who hit the charts with it way back in 1962. What a great song!

I can’t find words to describe Tab Benoit’s voice, I just love it. If you enjoy this performance, I recommend Whiskey Store Live by Jimmy Thackery and Tab Benoit on the Telarc Blues label. The recording quality is superb and so are the performances. Jimmy Thackery and Tab Benoit are both great guitarists and along with Jimmy Carpenter on saxophone and Ken Faltinson on the Hammond B3 they are given ample solo time on Whiskey Store Live! How can you go wrong with all these great musicians, including TWO drummers and a FEZ…

0 comments - Post a comment :

Post a Comment