Tuesday, March 25, 2008

I Wish We Could Be Celebrating Fifty Years Of Peace As Well

CBS Sunday Morning did a segment this past Sunday on the 50th anniversary of the peace symbol that I found interesting. I did not know the history behind the origins of what is now known as the peace symbol. What I found most interesting is that the symbol is based on the Naval sign language of semaphore. I wish I could post the video. It seems that none is available.

From The 50th Anniversary Of The Peace Symbol:

We all know the Peace Symbol, which Americans of a certain age associate with the protests against the Vietnam War. Fewer know that the symbol is much older than that, dating back to ANOTHER protest across the sea in Britain.
You can read more here.

0 comments - Post a comment :

Post a Comment