Friday, March 21, 2008

More God Damn

Byron Crawford is yet another voice speaking about Obama/Wright in his post entitled No, really, God damn America.

Mr. Crawford begins with something I could have written myself:

Every once in a while I’ll have one of these moments when I realize just how different my point of view must be from everyone else. The other day, watching so many otherwise reasonable people fawn over Barack Obama’s race speech was definitely one of them.
Later he writes something that I really wish I’d written myself. Here’s my favorite part:
Case in point, what did this guy Jeremiah Wright say that was so offensive that Obama had to make such a public spectacle of throwing him under the bus? At least Sista Souljah sorta kinda advocated killing white people. Jeremiah Wright did nothing of the sort - which, as far as I’m concerned makes what Barack Obama did even worse than what Bill Clinton did back in 1992.

Which is not to say that Jeremiah Wright didn’t occasionally spout some silly bullshit. The guy was a pastor, fer chrissakes. It was his job to spout silly bullshit.
The only thing I would add is that it is also the politician’s job to spout silly bullshit. It is also the pundit’s job to spout silly bullshit. It is also the economist’s job to spout silly bullshit. It is also the celebrity’s job to spout silly bullshit…

0 comments - Post a comment :

Post a Comment