Wednesday, March 12, 2008

I Plead Guilty

I plead guilty to presuming Eliot Spitzer to be guilty of committing a crime or two. I also feel a sense of shame in a way. I feel the media blitz against Mr. Spitzer did have a negative effect on me and slightly clouded my judgment. What has happened to the presumption of innocence? It seems as if Mr. Spitzer was tried and convicted, all in one day. If only the news media put this much effort into reporting the crimes of the Bush administration.

Overall, I regret making the assumption that Spitzer is guilty. I specifically regret writing: “Spitzer should go” and “It seems that Spitzer has broken some laws and for this he should suffer the consequences for his actions.”

However, if Spitzer is guilty of solicitation, the hypocritical aspect of this is reprehensible. After all he is a person who has put prostitutes behind bars.

Some in the blogosphere are raising some interesting questions about the whole “Spitzer Prostitution Scandal.”

I recommend the following links:

0 comments - Post a comment :

Post a Comment