Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Does Little Georgie Still Ride His Bike?

I would be much happier if he had kept playing golf and quite the Presidency instead. That would have sent the right signal.

From Bush: I quit golf over Iraq war:

US President George W. Bush said in an interview out Tuesday that he quit playing golf in 2003 out of respect for the families of US soldiers killed in the conflict in Iraq, now in its sixth year.

"I think playing golf during a war just sends the wrong signal," he said in an interview for Yahoo! News and Politico magazine.

"I don't want some mom whose son may have recently died to see the commander-in-chief playing golf," he said. "I feel I owe it to the families to be in solidarity as best as I can with them."
No news on whether he has quit riding his bike. I don’t know what kind of signal that sends.

0 comments - Post a comment :

Post a Comment