Friday, August 29, 2008

Has Taking A Leak Become Illegal In The United States?

This country is getting to be weirder and weirder. What freedom will they go after next?

If God created us and gave us certain bodily functions, wouldn’t he want us to be able to perform those bodily functions?

It appears that it is illegal to use the bathroom, or even move, during the almighty “God Bless America” at Yankee stadium in New York City. My guess is that President Bush insisted this be put in the Patriot Act before he would sign it. (You never know, I don’t think that anyone has read the damn thing from cover to cover.)

This is taking God and country a little too far over the limit, is it not?

From Fan Ejected From Yankee Stadium For Bathroom Break by Hazel Sanchez:

A Queens man is considering legal action against the New York Yankees after he was ejected from Tuesday night's contest against the Boston Red Sox for trying to use the restroom during the playing of "God Bless America."

During the patriotic 7th inning stretch at Yankee Stadium, nature called on Bradford Campeau-Laurion. When he tried to leave his seat during the traditional singing of God Bless America, however, he says he was stopped by a NYPD officer who said he'd have to wait until the song was done.

"I then said to him, 'I don't care about God Bless America. I just need to use the bathroom.' As soon as I said that, he immediately pinned my arm behind my back," Campeau-Laurion told CBS 2.

The 29-year-old says two officers pinned both of his arms behind his back and ejected him from the stadium.

"He shoved me out the front gate and told me get out of their country if I didn't like it," he said.

Campeau-Laurion says he didn't know theYankees had a rule restricting movement in the stands during the playing of God Bless America. The rule is enforced by ushers, stadium security and the NYPD.
Read the rest here.

0 comments - Post a comment :

Post a Comment