Thursday, August 21, 2008

Uninvited And Unwanted

How stupid are politicians? Atheists do vote, you know.

Atheists are treated like second-class citizens, yet according to some we should never express our anger. Screw that! This pisses me off. Exclusion of any kind pisses me off. Interfaith gatherings at political events piss me off. Religious “leaders” (like Rick Warren) involved in politics piss me off. Politicians (like Barack Obama and John McCain) who pander to the religious piss me off. And people telling me I shouldn't be pissed off piss me off most of all.

From Why Weren’t Atheists Invited to the Democratic National Committee’s Interfaith Gathering? by Hemant Mehta:

The Democratic National Convention will open next week with an interfaith gathering. Representatives from Christian, Jewish, Muslim, and other faiths will be there.

No atheists, though.

We weren’t invited.

The Secular Coalition for America has tried to persuade Convention CEO Leah Daughtry to allow atheists to be a part of the gathering, but to no avail.
Read the rest here.

0 comments - Post a comment :

Post a Comment