Thursday, September 25, 2008

A Short John McCain Timeline

"I'm going to be honest: I know a lot less about economics than I do about military and foreign policy issues. I still need to be educated.” John McCain - November, 2007

“The issue of economics is not something I’ve understood as well as I should. I’ve got Greenspan’s book.” John McCain - December 17, 2007

“I don’t believe we’re headed into a recession, I believe the fundamentals of this economy are strong and I believe they will remain strong.” John McCain - January 30, 2008

"I think we are better off overall if you look at the entire eight-year period, when you look at the millions of jobs that have been created, the improvement in the economy, et cetera.” John McCain - January 30, 2008

"You know that there's been tremendous turmoil in our financial markets and Wall Street. And it is, it's - people are frightened by these events. Our economy, I think, still, the fundamentals of our economy are strong but these are very, very difficult times.” John McCain - September 15, 2008

“America this week faces an historic crisis in our financial system. We must pass legislation to address this crisis. If we do not, credit will dry up, with devastating consequences for our economy. People will no longer be able to buy homes and their life savings will be at stake. Businesses will not have enough money to pay their employees. If we do not act, every corner of our country will be impacted. We cannot allow this to happen.” John McCain - September 24, 2008

“I am confident that before the markets open on Monday we can achieve consensus on legislation that will stabilize our financial markets, protect taxpayers and homeowners, and earn the confidence of the American people.” John McCain - September 24, 2008

He doesn't know what he's doing, but he's going to do something.

McCain admits that economics is not his strong suit, flip-flops on his assessment of the economy, and now wants us to trust him to be able to fix everything wrong with the economy. How logical is that?

McCain’s campaign is not the only thing that has been suspended.

Do you have a favorite John McCain quote about the economy? Feel free to comment and add it to the list.

0 comments - Post a comment :

Post a Comment