Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Flip Floppin' Away

Do you remember the song “Flip Floppin' Away” by Paul Simon? I believe it has become the new McCain campaign theme song.

From McCain Pre-Palin: Mayors And Governors Can't Handle National Security by Sam Stein:

Back in October 2007, when McCain's candidacy still appeared dead and buried, the Senator berated the two Republican front runners for lacking the necessary political experience to handle commander in chief responsibilities.

"I have had a strong and a long relationship on national security, I've been involved in every national crisis that this nation has faced since Beirut, I understand the issues, I understand and appreciate the enormity of the challenge we face from radical Islamic extremism," the Senator declared. "I am prepared. I am prepared. I need no on-the-job training. I wasn't a mayor for a short period of time. I wasn't a governor for a short period of time."

Fast-forward nearly a year, and the argument McCain made back then is being used against his vice presidential pick today. Only Sarah Palin held the post of mayor of Wasilla for less time than Rudy Giuliani headed New York City. And her gubernatorial stint in Alaska is shorter than that of Mitt Romney's in Massachusetts.

McCain, not surprisingly, has changed his tune.
If John McCain can change tunes, so can I. Flip Floppin’ or Slip Slidin’, it makes no difference what you say when you're in the land of politics.

0 comments - Post a comment :

Post a Comment