Friday, July 25, 2008

What?

From McCain Veers Off Script, Talks About His Cancer Battle by Elizabeth Holmes:

McCain, true to form, offered his no-pandering “straight talk,” which inevitably led to a dance for many of his answers. When asked by the moderator, former CNN anchor Paula Zahn, about his support for an increase on the federal tobacco tax, McCain turned his answer into a condemnation of government corruption.

“I don’t think I would because I don’t think the money is being spent on the state taxes right now,” McCain said. “It would have to be proven and frankly, the constitution of this Congress, they couldn’t prove it to me, ‘cause I don’t believe them. I don’t. I’ve seen corruption in Congress, OK?”

McCain, who kicked a two-pack-a-day habit some 29 years ago, continued: “I’m not for raising anybody’s taxes. I think, right now, with these economic problems we have, lower taxes is what we need.”
“I don’t think I would because I don’t think the money is being spent on the state taxes right now.” Does this sentence make any sense? Aren’t taxes money? How can you spend money on money? Perhaps it is a misprint. If it isn’t, I don’t think that it is insignificant. We do not need another president who speaks in an incoherent and confusing way.

“I think, right now, with these economic problems we have, lower taxes is what we need.” Bush has been lowering taxes since he took office, and the economy is in terrible shape. Could there be a connection? Doesn’t McCain have any new ideas?

The more he talks the more he seems to deserve the nickname of “McSame.”

0 comments - Post a comment :

Post a Comment