Monday, August 31, 2015

Mama GOP Won't Let Anyone Dirty Get Through

I always thought that the United States right-wingers were all alone when it came to immigrants, borders and walls. Apparently that isn't the case. A third of the world's countries have completed or are building barriers – compared to 16 at the fall of the Berlin Wall.

From Wikipedia:

Famous examples include the Great Wall of China, a series of walls separating the Empire of China from nomadic powers to the north and the Mexico–United States barrier.
I used to think there was the Berlin Wall(since torn down), The Great Wall of China(a tourist attraction, as well as a place for Justin Beiber bodyguards to beat people up) and the Mexico-United States barrier. Silly me. Walls are everywhere and their numbers are growing.

"What shall we use to fill the empty spaces
Where we used to talk
How shall I fill the final places
How should I complete the wall" - Roger Waters

"But never relax at all
With our backs to the wall" - Roger Waters

"Are there any queers in the theatre tonight
Get 'em up against the wall
There's one in the spotlight
He don't look right to me
Get him up against the wall
That one looks Jewish
And that one's a coon
Who let all this riffraff into the room
There's one smoking a joint and
Another with spots
If I had my way
I'd have all of you shot" - Roger Waters

"Sitting in a bunker here behind my wall
Waiting for the worms, worms to come
In perfect isolation here behind my wall
Waiting for the worms, worms to come
Waiting, to cut out the deadwood
Waiting to clean up the city
Waiting to follow the worms
Waiting to put on a black shirt
Waiting to weed out the weaklings
Waiting to smash in their windows
And kick in their doors
Waiting for the final solution
To strengthen the strain
Waiting to follow the worms
Waiting to turn on the showers
And fire the ovens
Waiting for the queens and the coons
And the reds and the jews
Waiting to follow the worms
Would you like to see Britannia
Rule again my friend
All you have to do is follow the worms
Would you like to send our coloured cousins
Home again my friend
All you need to do is follow the worms" - Roger Waters

"The bleeding hearts and artists
Make their stand
And when they've given you their all
Some stagger and fall
After all it's not easy
Banging your heart against some mad bugger's wall" - Roger Waters

The New Colossus by Emma Lazurus:
Not like the brazen giant of Greek fame,
With conquering limbs astride from land to land;
Here at our sea-washed, sunset gates shall stand
A mighty woman with a torch, whose flame
Is the imprisoned lightning, and her name
Mother of Exiles. From her beacon-hand
Glows world-wide welcome; her mild eyes command
The air-bridged harbor that twin cities frame.

"Keep, ancient lands, your storied pomp!" cries she
With silent lips. "Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me,
I lift my lamp beside the golden door!" 
 

0 comments - Post a comment :

Post a Comment