Thursday, August 27, 2015

The Donald Acts Out

Do actions speak louder than words?

The words:

On Immigration:

You got to build a wall. It’s not an easy thing to do. And I’ll get it done. And believe me, I’ll do it for the right but I’m also going to have Mexico pay for it. Mexico is making a fortune off of us. They will pay for it. So, just mark my word. That’s called “negotiation.” …Before I even start a wall we’d get rid of the bad ones. We have a lot of really bad apples. We have a lot of bad dudes that are causing tremendous problems… I was very proud of bringing up illegal immigration. It was not easy to do. I would get rid of the bad ones, the criminals, we have a lot of people who are here who shouldn’t be here. And, I don’t want to house them in our jails because it’s costing a fortune. I want them to go back to the country where they came from. Not only Mexico, plenty of other countries. They are pouring across the border. So that’s number one. Then there’s number two. There’s some great people. But, you either have laws or you don’t have laws. I would get them back to where they are and I would try to work out a process to where they could come in legally. But, they have to come in legally, Sean. It’s about laws.
On Gun Control:
I am against gun control.
The actions:

On Immigration:
Jorge Ramos, the Univision anchor and journalist, extensively squabbled with Donald Trump twice in testy exchanges at a news conference before his rally here Tuesday, with a security officer at one point ejecting Ramos from the event.

"Go back to Univision," Trump told Ramos early in their first back-and-forth. Ramos had attempted to engage with Trump on his positions, though he had not been called upon, standing and lobbing concerns about Trump's plan at the candidate.
Ramos did return, but the ensuing exchange was far from polite.

"Here's the problem with your immigration plan. It's full of empty promises," Ramos said, when allowed back into the press room.

He charged that Trump's agenda to deport 11 million undocumented immigrants and to stop giving automatic citizenship to their children born on U.S. soil was unrealistic, but Trump defended his plan as simple and possible.
On Gun Control: (My imagined scenario)
A reporter asks Donald Trump a question about gun control. The reporter says: "Every day the news is filled with another shooting tragedy. With so many losing their lives to senseless gun violence, why are you against gun control legislation?" Trump pulls out his handgun and shoots the reporter, and says "That's called negotiation."
My imagined scenario will not happen, even though Trump probably thinks he could get away with murder. I'm not saying he would murder someone, just that his ego thinks that he could. Actually, Trump would have the guy executed, and them claim that he did it himself.

If the response by Trump to a question about immigration from a Hispanic-American reporter is to expel him ("We’d get rid of the bad ones.")("I want them to go back to the country where they came from."), then what would be the response to a reporter asking a question about gun control?

I know that my imagined then scenario sounds crazy, but is it? What Trump says certainly sounds crazy. Thinking that rational gun control legislation will not curb the epidemic of gun violence in the United States certainly is crazy.

My imagined then scenario does not seem crazy or extreme to me if I think about the people who support right-wing GOP candidates. After all they favor crazy and extreme solutions to problems. Problem: Black people. Solution: Send them back where they came from. Problem: Mexicans. Solution: Send them back where they came from. Problem: Black president. Solution: Make it impossible for him to accomplish anything, then point out how ineffective he is. Problem: The middle east, ISIS, Muslims, Terrorists. Solution: Bomb the shit out of the middle east and take "our oil". Problem: Gun violence. Solution: If blacks are killing other blacks, there is no problem. Problem: Gun violence. Solution: More guns, no legislation, guns at churches, guns at school, guns at stores, letting people with huge motherfucker guns parade around ANYWHERE AND EVERYWHERE.

"I am against gun control" says The Donald. If a reporter asking a question can get tossed out of a Trump news conference, I wonder what would happen to me if I tried to walk up to Trump with an assault rifle strapped to my back? I suspect that some form of "gun control" was in place at this news conference, and that Donald Trump was not against it.

0 comments - Post a comment :

Post a Comment