Saturday, June 14, 2008

An Atheist In Need Of A Dictionary

I like to think of myself as a friendly atheist, too. However, I do know that the word atheist means “one who does not believe in God.”

From Seeking common ground by Bryan Patterson:

Hemant Mehta is an atheist who offered to attend church for the highest bidder on eBay.

The winner paid enough to encourage Mehta to attend several churches and then write a book about his experiences titled I Sold My Soul on eBay.

In his introduction, Mehta wrote: "I am an atheist, but I don't fit the common stereotype held by so many in the religious community. I am not angry with God and I don't want to rid the world of religion.

"I hope you will think of me not simply as an atheist, but rather as a person with questions about faith, an openness to evidence that might contradict my current beliefs, and a curiosity about Christianity and its message. I'm a friendly atheist."
Read the rest here.

0 comments - Post a comment :

Post a Comment